Hi all;
Been a longtime since I've checked in,but I have a question about vacuum 2 speed axles. The axle in my 54 GMC is vacuum, (I think it's a 1350),and I was told there used to be a vacuum to electric conversion kit available for it. Anyone know about this? My axle shifts up very well,but shifting down almost takes help from God to accomplish. It's caused some very tense moments already. I've searched for vacuum leaks and everything I can find shows no leaks. Typically I'd use the axle and main box up to 4th and High,then use the main box and the Brownie Direct and Over to reach road speed. As often as I use the 2 speed,it'd really be great if it'd downshift when I need it to. Any ideas that won't cost me a truckload of $$$?
Thanks for any info you might have. thumbs_up
Speed


1954 GMC 350
1957 GMC 1/2 ton
1962 Chevy C-30
1952 Chevy 6400 dump bed project truck
'98 Harley FLSTC
'66 Pontiac Catalina
'76 Chevy 1 ton Duallie
'84 Bronco II
'78 Dodge W-200
'81 Toyota 4X4 truck