I use the term "driver" also. I am as guilty as anyone. Driver has no definition. It is one of the most subjective words in the English slang language. It really is used to cover any and all issues a truck may have. It saves having to explain why it's not "done" perfect. It is used as a quality indicator. But there are so many levels of quality on so many components, that it does not identify anything. That's why is perfect. That's why it means nothing. No one likes to say my truck is a show truck. My truck is perfect. It is sometimes used to mitigate. In my opinion, the nicest trucks are one's where the person and his buddies did a lot of work themselves because I know how much time and effort it took them. They did a better job than a pro., they saved some money. That's what I think a driver means, in a good way. Painted or not painted. Many Stovebolters have done trucks that are as good as any sold at Barrett-Jackson....and the drive them.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn