Hey Greg & Tim, et al.,

When I got my truck last December, I decided I wanted to learn as much as I could about it, and all AD's. So I bought quite a bit of the repro literature, such as the Engineering Features books, sales brochures, manuals, etc., and a few books about Chevy trucks. I wish I had more. I'm still quite the amateur, but learning a bit more each day. I'm also addicted to the 'Bolt.

There's a picture in the '54 truck sales brochure of the interior, similar to the one Tim posted, but without that funky seat cover, that also shows the color scheme nicely. The lettering on the dash is white in the picture. This is confirmed in the '54 Features book. The horn button is bright metal and black paint.

I've been disappointed at Chevy's documentation of interior colors for the trucks (perhaps I don't have enough yet). The literature, including the resto packs, isn't specific enough as to exact color names and original paint codes. For '54, they just call the standard pickup/panel interior colors brown (trim) and beige (paint). There's a similar problem with the exterior trim colors, such as the Thistle Gray, Anvil Gray, and Waldorf White. Chips and/or codes seem hard to come by.

I've seen reference to five different deluxe interior color options, and there have been discussions of some of these here in the past.

For the grille inner bars, the Thistle Gray was used for all exterior colors except Commercial Red and Pure White. The red used Argent Silver on the inner bars, and the Pure White used Pure White. The Chevrolet letters on the grille were Waldorf White.

Has anybody ever shelled out the $20 to get Bob Adler's color info? Also, does anybody have the reprints of the 1954 Chevrolet Service News? I'm wondering if they contain any info on the mid-year additions of deluxe interior colors.


Curt
----
1953 Chevy 6400, 1957 Chevy 2dr Sedan
--"Mediocrity is easy, the good things take time"