| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
4 members (Phak1, IHPWR, 66flea, 1 invisible),
119
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,091 Posts1,056,445 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 319 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 319 | OK, I've decided it is NOT the brakes. The resistance is felt in forward or reverse and is not slight. Significant.
My next theory: I had trouble with the axles and the shop that built my rear end while we still lived in AZ. When we got here and I drove it for the first time I had almost disastrous trouble and immediately called the AZ shop. He said two different sizes go with that rear end, he must have put the wrong axles in, and sent me the correct size (slightly longer). I did the install myself - something I was not comfortable with, but it seemed to go OK. I have not driven it since, so I'm guessing that's the source of my trouble.
Can you think of a mistake I may have made with the install that would account for this binding in F or R?
A VW guy trying his hand at a '59 LB fs. Lots to learn, but it's about the journey.
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
sticking brakes, or no?
| PathwayRev | 07/04/2016 12:46 AM |
Re: sticking brakes, or no?
| Hotrod Lincoln | 07/04/2016 1:29 AM |
Re: sticking brakes, or no?
| 32vld | 07/04/2016 2:35 AM |
Re: sticking brakes, or no?
| PathwayRev | 07/04/2016 7:51 PM |
Re: sticking brakes, or no?
| Steve_H | 07/04/2016 10:46 PM |
Re: sticking brakes, or no?
| PathwayRev | 07/04/2016 11:44 PM |
Re: sticking brakes, or no?
| 52Carl | 07/05/2016 2:28 AM |
Re: sticking brakes, or no?
| PathwayRev | 07/07/2016 6:59 PM |
Re: sticking brakes, or no?
| PathwayRev | 07/07/2016 7:06 PM |
Re: sticking brakes, or no?
| PathwayRev | 07/11/2016 8:07 PM |
Re: sticking brakes, or no?
| Hotrod Lincoln | 07/12/2016 2:55 AM |
Re: sticking brakes, or no?
| 52Carl | 07/12/2016 3:20 AM |
Re: sticking brakes, or no?
| Cablesmill | 07/12/2016 7:08 AM |
Re: sticking brakes, or no?
| PathwayRev | 07/12/2016 1:28 PM | |
| |
| |