Deve

You make a good point about leaving the running boards in place to protect your shins. I was just thinking about getting mine off, and maybe put some foam insulation around the brackets sticking out.

I'm sure there was some kind of jig for putting the mounting brackets on the running board at the factory. It's a shame there isn't a set of dimensions for doing that. I'm wondering if the repro running boards come with brackets already welded in place or if they expect you to to it yourself. Maybe a call to Jim Carter would lend some light on that. Or they might have an original running board they'd be willing to measure for you.

I'll see what I can do this weekend. My running boards are in good enough shape to restore, so the bolt locations might be close enough.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.