Deve, I've read your gallery story about your 1950 3100; I've been to your website; you are one brilliant guy. Sounds like you want it stock but you've made alllllll kinds of changes. So on my 1948 titled 3100 with the 1950 cab and the S10 rear main leafs and Camaro rear end and the 1987 stepside bed with reproduction steel rear fenders and 4 junk running boards that I turned into 2 good ones......don't you think that the forward edge of my rear fenders lined up with the trailing edge of my running boards? Haaaa! Who says that that junction needs to bolted up tight anyway? And wouldn't it be nice to center your rear wheels/tires in the middle of your rear fender openings? There's was so much rust and stress cracking back there that I never thought for one minute about reconnecting everything like GM did 60 years prior. I left a deliberate gap at the rear of the running boards which mimics the gap at the front. No Moisture Trap Gap I closed up all the holes in the rear fenders at that location and also closed up the holes at the back edge of the running boards. I've got a 5/16" brace going from the bottom lip of the rear fenders going to the frame. You created your own monster; and you're a really clever guy. Remember that old Nike commercial? "Just do it!" You'll figure something out. Good luck Deve.
Dave thumbs_up


1948 5-window 3100 Chevy
327 V-8 TBI 700R4 Posi 3.73
"Old Blue"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr