I was told the same thing when I took my truck to several bodyshops. Looked pretty good overall but fender flanges were all rotten.I suggest you try it yourself one fender at a time. What's the worst that can happen? If you destroy it then just buy the repop one. I managed to restore all 4 fenders myself and spent approx. 30-60 hrs. on each of them. This was cost prohobitive to let anyone else do but it's supposed to be a hobby. My box sides were repairable but by then I'd had enough and bought new ones. If you don't have the patience and skill to do it yourself don't bother. Why spend 2 years with a bleeding wallet when you can buy one that's already done and ready for immediate enjoyment? There's plenty of them out there. Do it yourself and you will have great satisfaction and a new appreciation for the time spent on bodywork. Good work isn't cheap and cheap work isn't good definitely rings true.Just my 2 cents..

Curt


1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod
You Tube