It' probably my fault, but I went to get some "gas" at a local store several months ago. I forgot about how easily the trucks would overflow when you put the nozzle on auto. Well as luck would have it mine overflowed. I wiped it off as quick as I could and to my surprise when I got home the paint below the filler cap was very blistered, all the way down the body. The paint was so bad it was down to the primer. Also the running board paint was the same way. I've overflowed it before and it did not do anything. Go figure! The "gas" here in Mississippi is supposed to be 10% corn (he-he) maybe it was 10% corn whiskey. Who knows. I've found 2 places that sell real gas. Truck is getting a rear end installed at the present, by ("I'm so slow-me) I've had a problem with some cutting out or stumbling at low speeds so I'm going to take all the gas out of the tank, blow the fuel lines out and put an accelerator pump in the carb. and refill the tank with "real" gas. I'd be willing to be a nickel it runs OK. Just some thoughts. The "real" gas cost just a little more but if it fixes the problem what the heck. Sorry this is so long but had to get all of this in. Thanks, Steven
PS- Do I think this present gas is not good for our trucks. You bet I do.

Last edited by Red 49 Truck; 05/23/2016 3:34 PM.

1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton ~ Red Truck

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket