I keep having connection problems on the 1 ton 1950. I took off the battery cables and cleaned the connection points. The starter was really gooey. I cleaned the battery posts, I cleaned the cables and then reattached them. Now, nothing and the foot stomper seems to stick. I replaced the spring with one off my parts truck and it still seems sticky. So my questions:
1. I swapped out the positive cable as the old one was pretty rough. Is it possible I have the wrong size? Looked the same.
2. Where does the ground strap attach to the engine/Tranny as mine was disconnected? I have since reconnected it. It worked turn over with it on or with it off.

If nothing else, the battery is fried... Afraid to boost until I know more.
Thanks


1970 Chevrolet C10
Grandpa's -- My first truck -- In progress to shiny
Follow the build in the Project Journal
1950 Chevrolet 1-Ton Dually
"Ole Red Girl"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures here
1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually--Shiny! | 1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10 | 1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife's
Parts trucks-
1951 GMC 9300 | 1951-GMC 9430 | 1951- Chevrolet 1300