So here's a new topic that I haven't seen in my searches...

I just got my bolt pulled home to my garage after sitting outside for a month or so and I'm getting complaints about the strong smell it leaves in the garage. It smells of old oil and gas to me, but 'toxic fumes' to my other. Now I haven't had a chance to degrease the engine or anything to that extent yet, but does anyone know if an engine 'shampoo' really makes much of a difference? Or is it always going to have a fuel smell to it? I haven't seen any leaks to account for the smell either.

Or, has anyone come across a sure-fire way to 'mask' the smell? I will be putting an exhaust fan in a garage window to help for now, but the engine wash will have to wait!


1948 Chevy Thriftmaster 3/4-Ton
Poncho "farming" in Ontario
Starting in the DITY
Continuing in the Project Journals
More images

There are only 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.