Originally Posted by Mike B
If it was me I'd replace ALL of the lines (steel and rubber) on your Frank'n truck, they fail from the inside out and you only have one circuit. It's easy to do and doesn't cost that much. No sense taking chances...do it now and forget it for years to come.

Mike B smile
That was my original intent, but like I said, some of them are new. I was downright surprised, but they must've been replaced right when they quit using the truck. They don't even have a spec of dirt on them. I will be sourcing some tube and nuts for the steel portions though. Many of them look like they'll strip out as soon as I start messing with them anyway. The tow truck driver actually asked me if he could just wrap around the rear axle with his chain, and I told him to go right ahead and crush the lines, and I didn't intend to use them.

I just gotta figure out where all the fluid went. Since there are new lines up front, I'm suspecting the troubled braking system may have been what caused this truck to be parked long-term.

So is Napa a good place to get bulk brake line tubing? The other parts stores don't seem to know the difference between metric and standard tubing nuts...