| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,569 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 | I don't have much to add but I am going through this right now in my 1965 C10. A remanufactured 230 or 250 from OReilly was about $1600, required a core. and came with a nice warranty. The 250 would be my choice and they look the same on the outside.
I ended up buying a recently rebuilt 230ci from a fellow Stovebolter who did a V8 SBC swap.
The 3 speed and original bell will bolt up to a SBC and you just re-use the engine perches and get new motor mounts. Just be aware that tall valve covers MIGHT interfere with the firewall. Also, the distributor cab interfere too if it is the taller HEI version.
I love the uniqueness of my inline 6 and for a daily driver I am totally happy. | | |
| |
| |