| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
83
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,081 Posts1,056,318 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 | I am to the point of my T5 install that I need to figure out my shifter. I have an original 4 speed shifter to weld to the T5 shifter. Does anyone have any pictures or pointers of how to weld the T5 shifter to the original shifter? Where to cut, angle of the cuts, measurements or where to weld them together?
Thanks 49nut I am happy with my short throw T5 shifter out of an S10. I modified it to work with a salvage yard shift handle that I found. The 1992 - 1995 S10s with a T5 usually have a short throw shifter. The base is taller than the earlier versions. See this LINK shows how I modified my short throw shifter. If you can't find a short throw version, then THIS LINK shows you how to make a short throw shifter from a regular style. I suggest that you drill the new pivot pin hole with a slight rotation toward the driver which will result in less reaching. It was a fun afternoon project.
Last edited by Lugnutz; 02/06/2016 2:50 AM.
| | |
| |
| |