| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (jeffreyguy, Otto Skorzeny, Charles in CA, LAROKE, Wally / Montana, Cletus1950, 78buckshot, TrknGMC, UtahYork),
131
guests, and
6
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,221 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Practice on and or adjust your welder for 1/4" plate. With everything nice and clean I'd use 3/32 or 1/8" 7018 whichever works best for you and your welder in practice. Some years ago I welded perches on a Dana axle this way.
Back then I thought it needed lots of weld... Today I think just one good clean pass on each side will do the trick (same as factory perches were welded on). The more weld and more passes the more likely to distort the tube/housing because you're only welding on the top side. | | |
| |
| |