1. There are lots of kinds of carb link ends. The one included in the linkages I posted have a swivel pin that you stick into a throttle hole, put on a washer and a cotter pin. That end is threaded onto the rod. A ball and socket is another option if it adapts to a rod, if not, there are plenty of available ends to suit. From Holley and others. In your case, as far as I can tell, you want a stock type, all rod, throttle linkage and you want to maintain the kick down. So you abandon the entire cable for the throttle and add the rod. The kick down stays on the bracket and on the carb as is. If some of the bracket gets in the way of the rod operation, cut off or bend away.
https://www.google.com/search?q=195...bm=isch&q=+throttle+rod+ends+to+carb

2. I think I used the 23". Depends on where you want it with you sitting in the seat and measuring. I'll see if I still have a pic, sold that truck.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn