Starting issues on my 63' 1/2. I took the top off the carb. Found the c-clip that holds the accelerator pump plunger assembly to the accelerator pump rod was off. I found it in the fuel bowl. I crimped it and put it back on and re-assembled. The throttle stuck again. This time I did not find the clip.
Can it somehow fall down the bore and into the manifold? Should I worry about this making it's way to a cylinder? Maybe get me an extendable magnet and run up around there and maybe get lucky?
I've took the carb off for total rebuild, further inspection power pumps froze up, generally nasty, number suggests it is for a 64' 292 - jet is a 73 so seems to validate.
All of this because I was getting gas to the carb and none into the the throttle body when depressing throttle. No filter either, explains sediment in bowl I guess. Must have been sitting a while.
It ran when I got it. Drove up in the driveway and parked it. Has not started since.
Cavebull