Thanks for the insight guys. Seemed like a dumb question to ask but having never had a dual headlight vehicle I wasn't sure how they were designed to work. Now I know and can head in the right direction.

I did check the green and tan wire with a meter and I got power at both and it is switching with the hi/low foot switch. The black ground wire looks like a good ground and buzzed out to the engine block in continuity test. All 4 bulbs are brand new so its got to be something I'm doing wrong. I'm thinking I might have the 3 wires going to the outside headlights inserted in the connector in the wrong order? Of the 3 prongs one has to be hi, one low, and the third is ground which both filaments should connect to. I don't remember seeing the prongs on the bulb labeled so I must have used something in the instructions with the wire harness to determine wire placement in the plastic headlight connector. I'll have to double check those tonight after work. Thanks for the help thus far!