| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,231 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 30 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 30 | Bringing this back to the top. I had given up on the handle until this last week. I've been applying generous portions of penetrating oil on the square end of the handle where it connects with the latch. I got a small mirror and flashlight so I could get a view of the inside. The handle will not budge. At one point I heard something that sounded like the spring letting go but found it was still attached. I took a hammer and punch and tried to persuade it, no luck. Didn't want the door to swing in the breeze so I put it all back together. Now I find that the handle will open the door but you have to continue a full 360 counterclockwise so the handle will return to its proper place. Can anyone tell me what the purpose of the collar and spring setup is for? It is located just on the inside of the handle on the shaft. :confused:
Deaner 1950 Chevy 3600 Stake Bed
I don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense being late!
| | |
| |
| |