[img]
http://hardin.home.mindspring.com/1953/1stdaypics/1953_Chevy_02-01-2002_01.jpg[/img]
This is my Father's '53... in this picture you can see the original type wheel on the rear.
Dad bought some used original type wheels... and some hubcaps also - so he has a full set and one wheel for a spare.
He was saying something about getting tires put on the wheels... and I asked him: aren't ya going to paint them first? So he says: well, I'm not sure what color I am going to paint the truck...
To this I replied: it's going to be blue... (every car/truck my dad has had in my life that he bought new has been some shade of blue)
So, he laffed and then he was wondering... what color was the wheel painted?
Was it black or white ? Or did it depend on the color of the truck?
So what is the body color / wheel color / hubcap color and bowtie on the hubcap color scheme/ratio ?
Does this question make any sense?
Thanks folks,
-W
Update 03/23/2005:
Original topic:
1953 half ton - 3100 - wheel color scheme
That was the original question... then lots of other good information got added along the way.
-W