I have only a hard copy of sparkplug listings that explains the many suffix and prefix of sparkplugs and gives 4 or 5 conversion to other manufacturers.

The list is linked to ....
http://graylady.webng.com/sparkplugs.htm
...but does not seem to work.

List is All Rights reserved.... 2009 G. David Yaros.

Wondering if someone with more web savvy can find the origin of that list.

It is most useful and should be part of our tech tip section.

As for the sparkplug questions raised initially.... they are available on EBay at a price..... I use to buy them for 3 to 4 dollars each and now listing at almost $10.00 each.

For our stovebolt I beleive that AC 43 or 44 or 45 are correct for our engines. I run AC 44 in a 261 with good results...... Occasionnaly you will find some very cold AC 42 or up to AC47 used in firetrucks.

You may find some AC R43....R being for resistor... some will have AC C44 or C45 C being for commercial ( hotter plugs for stop and go delivery traffic)..... no other suffix or prefix is appropriate for the stovebolt.

Cheers
Bob C.


Bob C.
CMP Heaven
The Hammond Barn