I have a 1946 2-ton chevrolet with the original 4spd transmission- the 1954 261 that was in it needs some machine work so im going to save it for another project...
I bought a 1961 apache 30 with a running 235 for very cheap, im going to steal the motor from it- hopefully pulling it out this week. I plan on using the bellhousing and transmission from my 46' ive got them all cleaned up and painted and ready to go.
Anything i need to know before bolting the old tranny and flywheel and clutch to this newer 235? i though about using the 61's flywheel but since my 46 had the original 6v stomp starter i dont think that will work. (everything else is 12v)
My clutch looks ok so i thought i'd just reuse it and only replace the throwout bearing.
looks like i can swap my throttle linkage as well- i put the Carter YF carb that i already rebuilt on the 235 since the rochester on it needed rebuilt.
Another question- the 61 had what I assume was the factory remote oil filter, i bypassed it with grease gun hoses to get the engine running and to get it cleaned out, it was quite nasty, as i was cleaning out the filter housing with brake cleaner i noticed there was some sort of rubber seal at the bottom that came apart...did i ruin my filter housing? I havent been able to find much info about this cannister filter, is there a rubber seal at the bottom? is it replaceable i hope?
thanks!