Good deal, appreciate ALL the info. Body work has never been a forte of mine and have always been impressed with those that can perform it.
So a porta power is overkill, well shoot, that rear fender dent looked custom made for it's application. Still I'm sure I'll find a good use for the kit. (always try to justify new tools and I always need new tools).
So a hammer and dolly kit for body work is a preferred necessity, I'll be checking into that.
re. stretched metal. Should one use heat or cold to help "shrink" the dent?
Does the amount of time a dent is "stretched" effect it's repair and/or subsequent pounding back into it's original pressed state?
Saving the paint on the truck isn't necessary as the ultimate plan is to repaint it back to it's showroom glory but I'd like to minimize filler if that is even possible. That dent will go along ways in determining whether I seek professional craftsmanship in this resto/mod project.
Dave