Brian,
A scan would be fantistic. Thanks!

Apache,
Yes, my name really is Josiah Bartlett. I am a decendant of the Josiah Bartlett from New Hampshire that signed the Declaration of Independance. I found it interesting that they used my name as the name of the President on that show, although they seem to call him 'Jed' a lot and I have never heard my name be shortend to Jed and wouldn't respond if I heard it.
What's funny is that growing up in the woods of Washington my neighbor was a direct decendant of John Standish of Mayflower fame and they had the Alden family Bible that listed the entire family tree in front. The records are a little less formal in my family, but my father has a pre-1776 New Hampshire property deed that Josiah Bartlett signed while he was Justice of the Peace under the rule of the British Crown. It is pretty neat- it lists the location of the property as 'from the oak stump to the creek to the stone fence...' and it's hand written. We don't own the property though.


Paint & Body Shop moderator
A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.