Over the past few years, we have seen several posts about a crack in that location. Years ago, we never saw this mentioned/observed.

I wonder if cracked set-aside engines are moving back into circulation, due to market conditions from more people looking for blocks/engines?

I am glad the topic is being discussed and people are saying "give the block that is cracked in that location a 'try'". I was almost ready to get rid of a 1954 235 "matching"-number Hydra-Matic engine with a crack in that location; until I read a reply like Grigg's, from Jerry.

As Jerry, Grigg, Dave, and others have posted: that location is not critical for oil-passage and/or for compression. That being the case, sometimes that crack does not even leak, and/or some block sealer has a high probability of keeping the block useable.

Has anyone posted advice/directions on what block sealer to use, and how to use it?