Tie-rod End Pic

The Tires I chose are Crosswind L780 in LT225/75R16 size. Total diameter of tire is 28". This is a 10-ply tire with Load rating of "E". Section width is about 8.5".

They also had this tire in LT215/85R16 which was about 30.5" diameter and slightly skinnier, at roughly 8.25" section width. That might be the good answer in terms of width, but I wanted to lower my truck a tad.

So again my tires are Crosswind L780 in LT225/75R16 size.

I have about 3/16" of space between the tie-rod and tire, which I'm leery about with any sidewall flex during driving. I'm going to add a 1/4" wheel spacer Jegs 1/4" Wheel Spacer to give me almost half an inch total between the tie-rod end and tire.

The stock tires from the factory were roughly 30.5" diameter, so these are 2.5" less in diameter.


1953 GMC 1-Ton Pickup with 350 and 700R4