| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,238 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 107 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 107 | After the delicate use of a small pneumatic cutoff wheel, I was able to remove the old bracket. It cleaned up pretty well and a quick coat of paint is now drying.
The parts I used were from Chevs of the 40's. I'm not sure the word cheap can be used to describe the price tag. The frame itself is of excellent quality and seems to be worth the effort. I did splurge on the chromed one. The repo center bar looks ok, but time will tell if it lasts. The repo bracket to the center strap is not the best. It works but isn't nearly as stout as the old one and is pretty soft. | | |
| |
| |