When I bought my 59 3800 flatbed several years ago, the engine was in the process of being installed after a "rebuild". I paid a little extra because the young man selling it seemed to know what he was doing. Fast forward about 2 months- - - -slippy clutch! I found one of the flywheel bolt holes cross-threaded, and the bolt missing, which allowed motor oil to soak the clutch. Fortunately, I was able to straighten up the thread with a tap and install a new bolt in the process of changing the clutch, and got several years of good service out of the truck. I finally traded the rolling chassis off for a 261 engine after the cab got so rusty the doors were threatening to fall off!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!