Originally Posted by Grigg
Yes, they're capable trucks.

With out side tracking this thread too much.. My point was if ALL the standard pickup trucks are now called "HD" and "Super Duty" then what do you call something that really is heavy duty in comparison to them? "Extra Super Duty", or "Extremely More So Heavy Duty"... I find the whole thing ironic and comical.

Grigg

I don't think you are side tracking at all. in fact, you make a very good point. especially when updating our old iron, the search for parts can be a difficult process. in my case, the donor truck came from 175 miles away, and I had to borrow a long enough trailer to load the thing. imagine if it had been a 3500 with 8 lug wheels instead of a real h.d.. all that time and money wasted as well as a day off work for nothing.

you make a very good point about the manufacturers calling things by different names for marketing purposes. it's the same old thing in a different bag and can lead to confusion, loss of time and money and getting REAL [censored] at the outcome. perhaps time for reminder to be very specific when you order or buy something that you cannot see in front of you to avoid confusion. in this case I was well aware of the difference in the 3500 series and asked about the lug nuts before committing. I also asked for pictures and measurements to make sure the thing would fit the trailer. it did, with about 3 inches to spare.

actually.............. this sidetrack has a great deal of merit. thanks!