Thanks for reminding me of the HS, and HIF; as I forgot to mention them. Was unaware of the Keihin.

Actually, the HS (short) might be of more use than the H that I suggested due to space considerations. But the comments about familiarity still apply.

Of the available sidedraft units, most would probably have best results with the Carter YH (design is virtually identical to the YF) due to more documentation, knowledge, and parts availability. The major drawbacks to the YH are: (1) initial cost, and (2) the FLAPS kits have incorrect bowl cover gasket for most models (1 size fits a few).

Also, there are a few Riley designs that carry the designation "Flynn". I do not know if Flynn bought the rights to the design from Riley, or if they are a rip-off. From the limited number that I have seen, most parts seem to interchange.

Jon.


Good carburetion is fuelish hot air
The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one you attempt to modify.
If you truly believe "one size fits all," try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!
The Carburetor Shop