Don, thanks for sharing. There are some pretty important parts in that neck. When we share these incidents, it reminds us all of why we need to be safe. So even if I do something stupid, gonna have to fess up. I try to have a face mask at every station, even the big cutoff saw, the grinder, the welding table, cuz in the heat of battle I'm not going to walk across the shop to find one. To Denny's point, if you're in the axis of rotation, even a fragment could sneak under the mask so I try to never get in it. I was using a small impact wrench the the other day with a universal extension and the nut was already handy so with just a bump free wheeled and threw the socket 90 degrees...could have taken out some teeth . Thanks again, Don and Brad, will make me think twice next time I pick one up.


Allen
Yeah, well, that's just like, you know , your opinion, man - The Dude

1948 Chevy 3600 - goal Original restoration, Current Stage 1 - Disassembly and getting body in primer
1954 GMC 3100 goal Hot Rod, Current Stage 1 - Get body in primer
1931 Ford Model A 5 window Coupe - Old Skool Hot Rod
1945 Ford 2N Tractor - Runs great
1964 Ford 2000 Tractor - Use it every week
1974 Stingray Corvette