| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Otto Skorzeny, J Lucas, dt235sd, Cosmo, jeffreyguy, Charles in CA, LAROKE),
132
guests, and
6
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,221 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 775 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 775 | When I did my 46,same construction,one side was tight the other one rivet was broken. As you say no way to replace the rivet. I welded the broken side to the axel. I also had the two 1/2 shells machined to reduce the clearence. I had allot of axel wear. Other than an oil mess and having to check diff fluid I don,t think there an issue. That rivets might fail someday? You might be able to clean the parts and force rtv between to reduce the leakage? | | |
| |
| |