Hi Denny,
You are correct, the holes in the front plate are oversized, but my impression is that the prior bolts were ground out or removed with a "flame wrench". The holes are now approaching the diameter of the center contacts in the new rubber mount. I'm concerned that front plate will shear past them and rest the engine on the top plate of the motor mount.
If I use a hardened washer, I can support the weight of the engine, but that raises the front end up beyond nominal by the thickness of the washer I use. So, should I compensate for this by removing thickness from the standoff washers at the outer bolts between the mount lower plate and the frame, or would it be better to add the same thickness to the rear mounts to keep the engine level. Or, is the slope change (due to a 3/16" add at the front end) over the length between the front and rear mounts not an issue?
Thank you for your thoughts on this.
Best regards,
Bill