I really appreciate everyone's feedback - its does help some. I guess I thought this kind of info was more common knowledge than its turning out to be; the 235 is so prevalent compared to the much rarer seen 265 or 283 in light duty Task Force series trucks, I assumed there were probably some nit-picky restorers on here who might have went through the pain of researching all this already. So now I know the engine was Grey in 55, but there is a dark bluish Gray and a lighter creamy grey so wondering which one its supposed to be. Someone out there should have one not restored to look at....need to find that guy or maybe the Cameo forum guys who are typically pickier will know.


My 1950's Truck Projects - All 100% Stock matching #'s
1959 Chevy Apache BBW short fleet w/ bed stainless, Factory 283 V8 Hydramatic
1958 Chevy Cameo w/ 283 V8 & Hydramatic & factory PB
1958 GMC BBW short fleet w/ 336 V8 / Hydramatic
1957 GMC Suburban Pickup (GMC's Cameo) w/ 347 V8 Hydramatic
1956 Chevy 3800 w/ rare 9ft bed, 265 V8 Hydramatic & factory PB