Well, there are not too many folks left who still have a correct, unrestored or restored fully detailed original 235 in their 55 2nd series 1/2 ton truck, but I am hoping someone reading this at least knows someone who knows their stuff about how these engines looked when new. I am in process of learning what is and is not correct when detailing a "correct" 235 engine restoration so I need to know if anyone knows the following or can send me pictures of your engine, etc?
1) first, was the engine Grey or Blue? (I've heard of and seen both)
2)what is the correct 55 2nd series valve cover decal (several are reproduced and all say they are correct for 1955, but only one can be right for a 3100 series truck)
3) Did a truck 235 valve cover in 55 have a black oil breather cap w/ embedded filter element that says "AC" and "OIL" stamped in the top similar to a V8 engine's oil cap or did it come from the factory with only a simple stamped steel flat type cap?
4) need to see a picture of the correct oil bath air cleaner for a 1955 235 and if any one reading this has one for sale I'd sure like to buy it - mine's missing
Please post pics or PM me your email address so I can send you mine to see your restored 235 pics or any 100% correct 55 restorations...thank you guys!