Originally Posted by jockbolter50
John,I know you can deal with three pedals but the left hand gearshift might initially be a challenge.


Jock, Peggy and I were stationed in Japan (Okinawa) for three years, and we had an '81 Toyota Liteace van with a three on the tree on the left. I found it to be no problem and actually think, even now, that it makes more sense that way anyway. For some reason, the whole shift with the left, steer with the right just seemed more logical.

I miss that van ... It was so underpowered, it was like driving a much bigger vehicle ... with a diesel ... smile It sure rolled some coal like a two-cycle Detroit in need of a tuneup... But we had a lot of fun with it, and when we had it packed full of family, camping gear, scuba tanks, etc, it went a lot of off-road places... smile Fun days.

So I say to you this: Ha! Let's go! I'm drivin'

smile


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)