Originally Posted by John Milliman
Jock -- That's a cool looking truck. And now we know ... it's a Stovebolt!
Someday, I want Jock to teach me to drive a Bedford breakdown truck as we go on a scotch tour.

John,I know you can deal with three pedals but the left hand gearshift might initially be a challenge.

I'm not wanting to get too far O/T but I live near Prestwick Airport and it's quite easy to spot the tourists who hire a car that haven't done RH Drive before,just to add insult to injury we force them to drive on the 'wrong' side of the road!

In fact many of the rural roads on the popular tourist trails here have "KEEP LEFT" emblazoned in three feet high letters painted on the roads surface.
Sadly that's not always sufficient.

I tailed a fella in a F*rd Focus last year and he had hit the curb 5 times in the space of a mile,serves him right for hiring a F*rd.... grin

The tyre supplier to the likes of Hertz do a roaring trade in wheels and tyres....coincidentally mostly on the LH side.

I see them looking on enviously as I breeze by in my LHD Chevy! drive

Last edited by jockbolter50; 07/10/2015 8:30 AM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.