| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (JW51, TUTS 59),
133
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,362 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 4,504 Moderator, Electrical Bay | | Moderator, Electrical Bay Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 4,504 | .002 is good. I shimmed mine by cutting a strip of metal duct tape (the adhesive foil so common today). It gave me the .003 I needed. To check the fit I got a bright light and shined it front, back everywhere I could to see. In my case, there was one area on the left side which didn't contact nicely no matter how the crank was positioned. They say the rear seal groove from 1956 forward was concentric with the crank...and it should be, but honestly I'm not certain it is. In my case it wasn't. Here is what the crank in the 1959 rear surface looked like: http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p535/JonGoodman/ropesealcrankend.jpgHere is a look at the rubber seal which came out of it compared to a new one: http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p535/JonGoodman/rearmainendtoend.jpgGood luck! Jon
~ Jon 1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end
| | |
| |
| |