Old original gauge - no workie. I connected an aftermarket gauge to the new sender and although the units differed in OHMS, there was activity on that gauge. So, back to the drawing board....replacement dash gauges are expensive and I would like to repair the original gauge if possible. Can anyone point me to a source that shows how to repair a dash fuel gauge? I think the trouble began many, many years ago when a AAA service person jumped the truck with 12 volt. I remember saying to him, "I don't think you should do that, please call out for a 6 volt jump". He said, "Naw, I've done this plenty of times, you just do a quick jump with a 12 volt and it's OK". I dunno, that might have fried the gauge for all I know. Only when I am sure it's complete toast will I spend the money on a replica gauge. Thank you all for your help and guidance!


1948 AD Pickup