We have the "premier" account with AAA, have been with them for over a decade. With that account, each account holder (my wife and I) get 4 tows per person, per year, and one of those tows can be up to 200 miles one way. I've used them before to take the truck to the local shop when I had a bunch of work done, and there is no charge.

It doesn't have to be running either, and it doesn't even matter if you are the owner of the vehicle. The AAA service follows the member, not the vehicle.

Towing Service
With AAA Premier, each household can have an auto towed up to 200 driving miles from the point of breakdown, as one of the four allowable service calls per membership year, and up to 100 driving miles on the remaining allowable service calls.

http://ww1.texas.aaa.com/en-tx/become-member/online-member-kit/Pages/premier-benefits-guide.aspx



1955 GMC 100 Series 2