I'm moving 150 miles from San Antonio and of course, my 55.2 GMC 100 is coming with me. I was going to put it on an auto transport from uhaul or penske but after talking with both of them yesterday, the representatives said my 55.2 was too heavy for their trailers and it was "not recommended" for my 55.2 to be pulled behind my 2011 Yukon.

I'm now shopping auto transport companies and so far the quote is about $500. Anyone used a uhaul or penske transport before for their pickup and if so, any issues?

After doing my own research, not sure why either transport won't work:

Weight of my 55.2 (and this is an estimate as my 55.2 sits on a frame from a 1978 Blazer and has a 350 with a turbo 350) = 3375 lbs
Weight of the trailer = 2210 lbs
Weight of yukon = 5817 lbs

So the yukon is only 300 lbs heavier than the trailer and 55.2.


1955 GMC 100 Series 2