So i was looking for some parts for my 47 and answered an ad for some misc stuff. I was ready to plunk down $100 bucks for what I needed, when i asked my usual question "Got anything else for sale?" He opened the garage and I just about soiled myself.
Before me was a 48 3100 3 window cab/chassis/driveline with the front clip/bed removed and a 48 5 window cab on a shop dolley. Scattered about were various OEM parts and 2 new bed sides in bare metal. There were plenty of other parts I need to finish my current 47 3600 and so much more.
This guy was cool and had just lost interest in the truck. A few more questions lead to the discovery of a used mustang II front end, a gm 10 bolt rearend and a Heidts (sp) new cross member. All stored inside for what he said was close to 20 years. Very Minimal rust in the 5 window cab, 2 complete front clips, and 4 rear fenders! He had everything to get going less the V8 and the driveshaft.
Now to my question to the many fine bolters in this forum....What would you pay for the lot of it?????