Spotbiltxo I would suggest making two alignment pins to help in the removal/installation of the tranny. Here is an article discussing the alignment pins.
Even with the pins it can be a pain in the [censored], so I also suggest a Motorcyle Jack if you have access to one. I think its much easier with the shifter and ebrake (if attached to tranny) removed as well.
I suggest getting the 5 Gal 90w mineral gear oil then you have enough to do your rear end at some point.
I called Drive Shafts Unlimited @150 South W.W. White Road in san Antonio They said if you take your driveshaft to them it would be $45 to balance it, and about $70 for three U-joints installed. BTW they are not open on the weekends. I don't know if you have two or three u-joints, my 1.5t on has three. Mine is also not enclosed so I am not familiar with the gaskets associated with your enclosed driveline.
I also find it easiest to pour the mineral oil into the tranny thru the shift rod opening.
Good luck, enjoy the truck, the beer, the friends, and the experience!


Curt Warren
Salt Lake City
1948 1.5ton Loadmaster
http://photobucket.com/48loadmaster