Well, I'm a city guy who's HOA won't allow working on my truck in the driveway. Over a year ago my 3-speed craped out on me and I haven't driven it since but around the block in 1st gear once a month. Finally got a couple of my buddies to volunteer to give up a Saturday and their big shop to help me swap out the tranny for a rebuilt one another friend sold me. Yep, a case of cold beer and some chow is in order!! Anyway, I figure I should change out the clutch while I'm in there so that's on the agenda too. My question is in preparation for the big day, what parts should I buy so I'm ready? Are there parts kits for a job like this or do I buy individual parts? I've never done a repair like this before so I admit my ignorance. Your help would be appreciated. BTW, the truck is a 1950 Chevy half ton with three-on-the-tree, and a 216 engine. All original.

Many thanks for your help with the parts list and even advice or tips if you've got any. And yes, I've got a shop manual.


Chuck
1950 Chevy 1/2 ton (all original)
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton (future streetrod)
1941 Chevy coupe
1938 Chevy coupe streetrod