I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on cleaning out a fuel tank. I have a 49 3100 with the tank behind the seat. It has been sending little black particles and plugging up the fuel filter. So I pulled the tank out last night after draining it.
The local rad shops wants 150.00 to clean and seal tank. They also said if it had bladders in it they would have to cut holes in it.
Does anyone know if they have bladders of one.
I can buy a new tank on line for 150.00 plus shipping.
I was to put a chain in the tank and to scrape the tank up then put apple cider vinegar in and let is set for awhile and it takes care of the rust. Is that all that has to been done? Or do I have to put a sealer on it, and how is that applied.
If anyone has done this job let me know if its the right way to do it.
Gary