Hi Dale,
I have a 60 Burb and recently had all the windows replaced. After looking at various pictures, I decided to have the 2 back side windows be solid, and keep the middle windows as sliders. They were originally all sliders, but as most, all the bottoms were rusted out. There is no getting around that the sliders are hard to open, but I have 50 year old air-conditioning that ironically still works great! and I figured nobody probably opens the sliders anyway. It's been so long since I've posted pictures of all my progress that I've completely forgotten how to download and post pics in photo bucket, but if you send me your email (if ok with Stovebolt) I'd be happy to send a couple of pics of the finished product and the name and phone number of the man who did it. He might be of help. I've run it through the carwash with no problem, but a little scary first time!
Gregg