| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (MickeyP, 37 GC, jmoore, Otto Skorzeny, Rusted Nut, kbenz, Eisenholtz, 1 invisible),
80
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,627 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 328 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 328 | An excellent choice for our truck! I have done this swap into my 51 Panel.
Through trial and error I came up with a mod to tubular engine mount from Trans-Dapt. I ended up using one for a 460 Ford. These tubular mounts are adjustable at the ends. I had to cut a little off the box shaped mount on the tube to allow the stock Buick engine mounts to go in squarely. I loosely attached the tubular to the engine and started to lower into the frame. Other than a about a 3/8" relief in the frame on the passenger side (using stock exhaust manifolds) the motor sits nice and low in the chassis. You can fab up mounts of your own design, but this is how I did it. With the distributor up front you can really push it back to the firewall. I did, and still had room for a column shifter (which I prefer). I'm guessing your frame is similar in dimension; if anything a tad wider. The only other mod was to install an oil filter relocation kit; to avoid cutting into the forward frame crossmember. If you want more details PM me & I'll be happy to explain further. | | |
| |
| |