Wondering if this is a good option?
I have the chance to buy approximately 100 boards of dry birch that measure anywhere from 3/4" to 1&1/4" thick, 7-8" wide, and up to 110" long. The guy wants $300.
I know that I could make some of them work for a 1/2 ton at least.
Is birch a good wood? I like the grain I saw yesterday. Is the price reasonable? I might be able to resell the leftovers to a couple buddies who like to do wood work.
Thanks


1970 Chevrolet C10
Grandpa's -- My first truck -- In progress to shiny
Follow the build in the Project Journal
1950 Chevrolet 1-Ton Dually
"Ole Red Girl"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures here
1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually--Shiny! | 1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10 | 1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife's
Parts trucks-
1951 GMC 9300 | 1951-GMC 9430 | 1951- Chevrolet 1300