| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (R&S 51 GMC, Otto Skorzeny, crenwelge, Hotrod Lincoln, 1955 1 Series, Tronman, Wrenchman),
194
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,341 Members48,440 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 48 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 48 | In my 54 car and my old 235 I ran straight 30 Rotella. The motor was old and tired, so I'm sure it was just happy to have any oil. I used rotella based on recommendation because of the slightly higher zinc levels. It could all be b.s. for all I know. I just replaced that motor with a rebuilt 235 that I got from Tom Langdon. He recommended using any regular 5w-30 or 10w-30 motor oil. I opted to go with Brad Penn 10w-30 motor oil. Is it necessary, I don't know, but the price isn't much different so I figure it's also not going to hurt. Just my 2 cents. To each their own, but I would stay away from the synthetic.
Matt Blacktop Cannibals Car Club 1954 Chevy mild custom car 1955 Chevy second series 3200
| | |
| |
| |