| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,337 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,841 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,841 | If it is true that a repro carrier is longer than an original, this this is about the only time you'll see me root for the repro family. As I said in an earlier post, while I had my backend torn apart I decided to replace my old spare with a new one which finally matches the size of my other 4 tires (6.50 - 17). If I had an original I don't think the new spare would fit. Here's a shot of my repro with the original spare. Notice the space between the tire and carrier: http://www.cmaynard.com/Truck/IMG_0665.JPG Here's a newer shot with my new spare. Are we talking tight fit? http://www.cmaynard.com/Truck/IMG_1458.JPG
Craig My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear My truck ....... Respect The Rust If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
| | |
| |
| |