| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,090 Posts1,056,347 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,841 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,841 | retread, You dont say if the sliding part of the carrier is able to slide all the way forward to the extreme forward point of the rail. If so, and if the carrier is too long to allow the J bolt to align up correctly then I would agree that the carrier portion is too long.
My repro carrier was originally deemed as being too long based upon the size of the original spare. But now that I have bought a new spare which is (larger) the same size as my current running tires, it fits very tight.
Craig My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear My truck ....... Respect The Rust If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
| | |
| |
| |